The firm offers legal solutions to intellectual property (IP) matters including search, registration and renewal of trademarks; registration of patents; and prevention of intellectual property rights infringement.
The Firm has a fully fledged IP department with an experienced pool of legal expertise in the area lead by the firm's Managing Partner and head of department Mr. Patrick Ngunjiri. Mr. Ngunjiri is a patent agent with immense experience in IP practice.
The department also enjoys the expertise of Mr. Joseph M. Rituga who has immense experience in IP procedures. Representative matters handled by Joseph and the department include:
- Acting for French Company for Metallic Industries-France Metal in connection with the filing of registration applications in respect of new trade marks in Kenya following the company's expansion to the Kenyan Market.
- Acting for Patrine Limited in connection with filing and prosecution of various trade mark applications in Kenya.
- Acting for Kenya Methodist University in connection with the filing of renewal applications in respect of its existing trade marks in Kenya.
- Advising Kenya Methodist University in connection with infringement of its modern centralized Student Information System.
- Prosecution and management of trademarks, copyright, patents, utility models and industrial designs in Kenya and Rwanda for both local and international clients among others.