Plass Advocates provides a full spectrum legal advisory service on all aspect in relation to intellectual property ("IP") law including but not limited to IP litigation, trade secrets, patents, copyrighting, trademarks, industrial designs, IP related licensing and user agreements. The Firm also provides the following service in the EAC region in collaboration with associated firms.
The Firm has a fully fledged IP department with an experienced pool of legal expertise in the area lead by Mr. Joseph M. Rituga who has immense experience in IP procedures. Representative matters handled by Joseph and the department include:
- Acting for French Company for Metallic Industries-France Metal in connection with the filing of registration applications in respect of new trade marks in Kenya following the company's expansion to the Kenyan Market.
- Acting for Patrine Limited in connection with filing and prosecution of various trade mark applications in Kenya.
- Acting for Kenya Methodist University in connection with the filing of renewal applications in respect of its existing trade marks in Kenya.
- Advising Kenya Methodist University in connection with infringement of its modern centralized Student Information System.
- Prosecution and management of trademarks, copyright, patents, utility models and industrial designs in Kenya and Rwanda for both local and international clients among others.